Sunday, April 13, 2014
Life Skills Blog - Feb 3, 2014
This weeks life skill was on the skill of trust.
What i felt was ambivalence. I know that trust is important, and a key element in developing relationships and opportunity, but i have such a hard time with it. Again, Im not sure how to balance the knowledge that trust can and at some times, will be broken, while also knowing how key it is.
I react to this emotion by trying to de personalize my response, and take in only what is being taught or talked about at that time, in our class.
I think in life skills I need to constantly work to turn off my overactive brain and remain present in the moment, in the class, with only the content being presented.
I watched the 'Other Resources' TED Talk at home. Some things He said that stood out to me were:
'experiment requires failure' - a reminder that failure is a learning experience, and a necessary one
' distrust in generation has increased ' - something i feel tangibly, in society and is especially echo'ed with all my time spent with my grandparents and their generation (born in 1916), volunteering in retirement homes.
' nothing replaces human contact ' - in light of all that we can now do online, or without interacting face to face.
Theres nothing i would do differently, with this lesson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment